The Callender Lake Community is a FUN PLACE TO LIVE with a very active social schedule for anyone desiring to participate.
The Recreation Committe is the “hub” of the community and hosts many special events during the year in addition to breakfast, brunch, and dinners which are scheduled and announced monthly in the Callender Lake Lines Newsletter.
Activities include an annual Easter egg hunt for children, which usually includes a bake sale. The highlight of the year is the 4th of July Program that consists of a vehicle parade in the morning, a boat parade in the early evening, plus fireworks in the evening,
Callender Lake usually has a Veterans Day Flag raising ceremony followed by an evening dinner, and Christmas would not be complete without a year-end function.
Various informal clubs and activities meet in the Community Center as follows:
- Book Club meets 1st Monday of the month at 10:00 a.m.
- Friendship Club: All women of the Community are invited to attend. Meets on the 2nd Monday of the month September – May. September meeting starts at 12:00 noon with salad luncheon. Other months meeting starts at 9:00 a.m.Recreation Committee is open to all property owners interested in hospitality and providing activities for others in the community. Presently the committee meets the first Tuesday of the month at 9:00 AM.
- Ceramics Club meets weekly on Tuesdays at 1 pm.
- The Cards/Games Club meets weekly on Wednesdays from 1 to 5 p.m. Mah Jongg and card games.
- Red Hatters meet on the 3rd Thursday at 1:30 P.M. Meeting locations are different each month; refer to the Callender Lake Lines for monthly location.
Callender Lake residents enjoy many recreational activities including: