Public Areas Committee
Plan of Action
Priority #1: Children’s Park. Develop master plan including replacing playground equipment as soon as possible.
1. Public Areas Committee members need to get together (before the next meeting) to walk the Children’s Park to form a Plan of Development
a. If Committee Members are available (and weather permits) – Saturday, January 27th
b. Committee to get an accurate drawing and measurements of the Children’s Park to plan location of new play equipment, Grill Stations, tree removal and trimming, etc.
c. We need to develop a “Wish List” of new items for the Children’s Park renovation, with cost estimates
2. Plan a “Volunteer Day” to work in the park to cut down and/or trim trees, clean, remove existing equipment, build new picnic tables, paint, etc.
a. I think a Saturday in early April will be a good target day for this (Actual date: Saturday, May 12th, beginning at 9:00 a.m.
b. Work with Publicity and various websites and Facebook pages to get the word out
b. Serve hot dogs to volunteers?
1. Start the “Go Fund Me” page with a specific monetary goal and purpose for the money, and keep the community updated on exact purpose of any money raised.
2. Research the availability of Government and Private Grants for non-profit development
3. Propose to the BOD that the new funds from the Boat Storage fees be pledged to the renovation costs of the Children’s Park
4. Work with the Re-Sale Shop to get a donation from their sales proceeds to help the funding
5. Work with the Publicity Committee, Callender Lake Lines, and various Callender Lake Facebook pages to raise awareness of the renovation project and our fundraising efforts
6. Solicit donations from community residents for some sort of Recognition (perhaps a Memorial in the Children’s Park with a list of donors)
Priority #2: Replacement of Existing Picnic Tables & Benches. Replace all existing picnic tables and benches at swim park, children’s park and fishing park. Add tables and benches at the fishing area on Callender Lake Drive at Briar Grove.
Priority #3: Develop potential locations for new pavilion.
Priority #4: Develop master plan for ballfield site as a potential multipurpose park
Priority #5: Work with boat storage area committee on potential improvements.